With karts that go up to 45 mph, safety is number one!
We have rules and regulations that racers must abide by. You will be briefed before you get onto the track but we like to reinforce our rules before our drivers arrive.
1. The karts will go much faster than the track will allow so you will need to use your brakes. Your left foot is for the brake and right foot is for the gas. Don’t push both at the same time. If you do, you might get shown a sign that says “stop riding the brakes.” Don’t forget to wear closed toe shoes – no sandals or flip flops. Also, you will need to keep both hands on the wheel.
2. We use flags and signs to communicate with you. If you see yellow flashing lights or yellow flags then you must slow down because that means someone ahead of you has spun out. If you are the one that has spun out then you must stay in your kart and do not try to move the kart yourself. Put your arm up so we can see you and we will get to you as soon as possible. NEVER drive backwards on the track to try to turn around. Wait for a marshal.
3. Sometimes when we are under a yellow warning, we will slow down your kart from our control center for safety reasons. After the yellow lights are off, if your kart is still sputtering, put up your arm so that we are aware and can take care of it.
4. THIS IS A NON-CONTACT SPORT. These are not bumper karts. If you are seen hitting another kart or the barrier system intentionally or not, you will be given a warning with a black flag. If you get two black flags, you will be removed from the track. We do not give refunds for reckless driving.
5. If you see the blue flag with the yellow stripe, this means that you are holding up traffic, so please move over and allow the kart behind you to pass. You might be shown a sign in conjunction with this flag.
6. Never slow down on the track to wait for a friend as this can create a dangerous situation, for which you will be black-flagged.
7. Once you see the black and white checkered flag the race has ended, you will complete that lap and proceed into the pits. You MUST drive slowly while in the pits and be sure to not bump the kart ahead of you. When you are at a complete stop, stay in your kart and do not get up until the marshal tells you so. We don’t want you to get hit from behind by another driver so please pay attention to the marshal.